Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Name of the Game is Preparation


            One would never think of so many loose ends that needed to be tidied up. All my mail being held, IDs are in order, all the necessities being thought of and trying to make sure I don't over pack like I do. I had to get people to come by once a day to feed my fish, never thought that would be an ordeal, but it was another thing that had to be taken care of. I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
            On the other hand, I'm going to Ireland!!! Most of my friends are really excited and jealous for me which I shouldn't enjoy as much as I am, but  am. I get to be in a country I never thought to visit none of the minutia of packing details can dampen that exhilaration. I don't know how I'll sleep tomorrow night, but I think I'll be too tired from running around to really stay awake, that is the hope at least.
            To be perfectly honest, I'm having too much trouble concentrating on this blog simply due to so much energy and anxiety about leaving my home for the next 12 days. I can't even remember what the time difference is and when I'll be able to talk to my nearest and dearest at home. Technology will be a great help with that at least. I remember the last time I went of a similar trip; it was in 2001, and I had to get phone cards and prepay for them, get international codes and so on.  Now, I just had to make sure that I had WhatsApp and Skype and those who wanted to talk to me had them too. So much easier and will make the separation easier--after all, I'm just some WiFi and buttons away. 
            To address the issue of over packing, I'm doing my best to limit the number of pants and skirts that I take with me, as well as limiting the number of shoes and make up. I'm also picking out tops that won't wrinkle easily, that's a challenge right there. I'm also planning of leaving some room in the suitcase so that I can buy souvenirs and what not on the trip. 
            This is going to be a blast and I can't wait to see what others add to this blog.
~ Julia Naiditch

No comments:

Post a Comment