Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Day Before




We leave for Ireland tomorrow! I am so thrilled to get to visit this country that has been at the top of my bucket list for some time now. My name is Mallory Niemer and I am starting my second year in the Art Therapy program. As someone who comes from a long line of red heads and celebrated Irish roots this was an opportunity I could not pass up! 

      I have only left the United States one time (the Canada side of Niagara Falls) as well as only flown one other time. I'm not sure I've ever been on a trip for more than one week either. This trip has me in a ball of excitement and nerves as I try to absorb all the travel tips I can from friends and family and try not to forget anything! 


      Although the forecast looks rainy and cloudy, I haven't let that dampen my excitement. I am looking forward to so many things on this trip: seeing a great University, learning about international mental health, visiting local restaurants, going on hikes across the green hills, and so much more. We have a great group of people going, who I know will make this experience even better. I'll definitely miss my friends and family while I'm away, but 12 days isn't so long! I hope you all find this blog fun and informative as you follow along with our journey. :) 

~Mallory Niemer

No comments:

Post a Comment