Sunday, May 29, 2016

Knowing, Experiencing and Traveling. In Dublin

Today has been a day full of traveling and exploring!

We left limerick this morning to head to the big city of Dublin! After traveling around I have come to a conclusion that you must follow all traffic signals unless a local tells you are clear. I was also asked to give directions twice, so I'd say I'm blending in pretty well!

This trip has been an absolutely incredible learning experience, from learning about culture to learning about the education system in Ireland. I have been able to see how early childhood is just starting to develop into a main system in the education word here in Ireland. I was able to meet with Montessori schools and work alongside professors in the special education program.

One really interesting fact that I would love to share is that the teacher preparation program in Ireland is very hard to get into. They work on a points system and the process works just like the medical field in the US. The profession of teaching is very prestigious and respected in the country of Ireland and I have loved seeing the passion of these teachers.

I also want to share that this trip was very difficult for me to commit to. I have a fear of flying and anxiety of being in a new place. As I embraced my fears and came over to Ireland I have found a new and better Lynsey. I have seen that new places allow for new opportunities to not only better your knowledge but to better yourself as well. I couldn't have done this without the love and support of my family, friends and boyfriend back home. I also have found new friendships and colleagues in the education field! I am so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful students and professors who make this trip possible! See you in three days America


~ Lynsey Nichols

At Waterville, in the Ring of Kerry

Meeting a baby fox

With a new friend in the Cliffs of Moher

In Dublin with BFF Daphne Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment