Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Trip Filled with Firsts

Even though the trip got off to a rough start with a combination of motion sickness and sleep deprivation, I was determined to persevere and this trip has been filled with firsts for me.  First time leaving the continental United States.  First time riding a train.  First time holding a baby fox. First time eating fish and chips.  And many more.  

The trip has been great from visiting beautiful historic sites to getting the inside scoop on the Irish Mental health system from professors and art therapists in Ireland.  

However, I would be lying if I didn't admit there are things I have come to appreciate more about America.  Toilets that flush after one flush. Fast service at restaurants.  Free refills on soda. The sun going down before 10 pm. Licensure for art therapists. The list goes on.  

I'm so happy and grateful that I was able to participate in this cultural and professional experience in order to grow as a person and an art therapist.  


~Lauren Oates


Lunch at Milano's

Art in Cork

A little presence from Kentucky


No comments:

Post a Comment